Canine Caviar's Story
Canine Caviar would like thank you for taking the time to read about Canine Caviar and using our line of holistic pet foods. This story is about Moguls our Great Dane, a member of our family who was constantly plagued with allergies and skin problems, but lived to be 17 years old thanks to Canine Caviar. Moguls was dearly loved by all, but had horrible skin allergies and health problems. Before Canine Caviar, Moguls would visit the veterinarian’s office about once a month for cortisone shots. Jeff Baker, CEO and founder of Canine Caviar, was not pleased with the shots and Moguls was his best friend. Jeff’s background is in Pharmacology and Nutrition and based his research he learned while working on a design team in Germany for a flea medication. Canine and Feline Caviar was established in 1996. Amazing changes started happening to Moguls skin & coat and overall health once he started eating Canine Caviar. Within 4 months, the skin was no longer pink and his hair grew back and glistened. From that day on until the time Moguls left us, he only had one more cortisone shot, due to a bee sting that sent him into anaphylactic shock. When Moguls turned 13 years old and was in for his annual checkup there was concerns about how thin he looked. The veterinarian did some blood work and said Moguls is getting old and things are just not the same and put Moguls on a prescription diet. Moguls refused to eat it; we kept Moguls on the food for 2 weeks and brought him back to the veterinarian and he told us Moguls had just a few months to live. Jeff was going to do everything he could to let Moguls have quality of life and changed the formula now called Special Needs and started feeding Moguls the new diet. It was truly amazing as Moguls gobbled down the food and a sparkle was back in his eye in just a few days. Moguls energy level was getting better and within a few weeks started to put weight back on. Jeff was talking to others and found out there was so much concern with pet owners and wanted to do better for others that Jeff created an entire line of dry foods and went into business. Canine Caviars number one concern is making best product possible for dogs and keeping it affordable for the consumer. Today Canine Caviar has a dry line of food, wet line of can food, treats, supplements, and frozen foods. Canine Caviar has made some changes along the way, but to better the dogs health as technology allows and we continue to learn and keep an open mind and not to get set in our ways. Moguls stayed on the food until the day he left us, but lived another 4 years until age 17 on the Special Needs formula.
This food is dedicated to Moguls memory 1986 – 2003.
Why Canine Caviar?
- Our True Holistic diets settle digestive upsets, reduce scratching, shedding and hotspots. We formulate to provide nutritional support for animals with diabetes, cancer, kidney, liver and heart disease.
- Canine Caviar uses hormone, pesticide and antibiotic free chicken, lamb, beaver, duck, venison and turkey that are raised in a free range type of environment. The lamb and venison comes from New Zealand and is scrappie free.
- Canine Caviar uses Yucca Root as it relieves joint pain and stiffness. Yucca promotes cardiovascular health by improving circulation, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Canine Caviar is flash cooked for 6 seconds at 180° F (82° C) degrees. This stimulates the enzymatic process instead of killing the enzymes off so they need to be added back in later.
- Canine Caviar uses Pearl Millet instead of white rice. The Pearl Millet lowers the glycemic index and creates a more even burn and lowers the risk of diabetes and other ailments.
- ·Canine Caviar uses lecithin to the diet, which helps with absorption of fats and proteins.
- Alfalfa and kelp is added for the stomach, garlic for the immune system, Yucca for hip and joint support and Rose Hips for added vitamin C. Our dog food pH is 7.0 – 7.5, reducing anaerobic activity.
- Highest Calorie Count means better nutrient absorption.
- Straight transition to Canine Caviar – like raw or in wild.
- Gluten-free with no added hormones or antibiotics.
- 91 – 93% digestible – the highest on the market.
- Protein Rotation for amino acid diversity.
- Reduces red stains on tear and coat.